Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Valentine's Day Chocolate Cinnamon Cookies

In our house February is a busy month. It is birthday season! About three-quarters of the family celebrates their birthdays in February. So Valentine's Day often gets over looked. This year, my contribution to the day was making cookies!

 I used the Chocolate Cinnamon Cookies Recipe from On Sutton Place. They turned out really good. Right out of the oven warm, they were like eating a warm brownie, once cooled they are more cookie like.
A word of caution; it is really hard to tell when these cookies are done! The recipe says to bake for 6 minutes and that was right on. I just wish I would have set a timer! As the second batch was in a bit too long and ended up very crispy and crunchy.  

I did change the recipe to make it dairy free by substituting canola oil and coconut oil for the butter. I also skipped the dipping in melted chocolate and made a simple chocolate glaze. Just enough to make the sprinkles stick! Aren't the little hearts fun? (It will probably take me years to use them all up!)



It has been a long time since I rolled out my favorite vintage Valentine. For the month of February, his home is on my dressing table mirror.

Happy Valentines Day Friends!

3 comments:

  1. Those cookies look delicious and the vintage card really did make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am glad my little wooly friend brightened your day! Those vintage Valentine's are always so sweet. I am trying to restrain myself and not start a collection!

      Delete
  2. Aren't those the cutest!! I must tell you about the cream of tartar cookies, that I wouldn't roll them in sugar another time. But these heart cookies look delicious! I'm hoping I can avoid making them at least for a while. LOL

    ReplyDelete