Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Kitchen Updates

I am not sure if it is the weather or the time of year, but I have been ready tackle projects and make some changes! Unfortunately, there has been a lot going on and little time to get projects done.... So I dream and hatch ideas and obsess a bit. The kitchen has been my latest obsession. I have been dreaming of all the things I could do to make it better, all the things I would love to change, how I could incorporate a cute idea from the internet.....

Then all of the sudden I realized what I was doing and took a step back. My kitchen is cute, it is functional, bright and sunny, very vintage (which I love!), and a whole lot bigger then the little apartment kitchen we were crammed into a year and a half ago. Of course there are a few things I would like to change and a few small projects on the list, but that doesn't mean I need a whole new kitchen!

These pictures are the newest change in the kitchen (which actually happened in November!). We decided the kitchen needed a little color and since the cupboard doors are so plain, a little interest and texture.
 So I unscrewed the hinges on the doors over the stove and gathered all of my favorite vintage kitchen things! An improvement don't you think?

My glass pitcher collection...... tin cake carrier.........

 favorite Pyrex bowls......

 vintage canisters which hold cookie cutters.......


I love to dream, but sometimes the dreaming gets a little out of control!

So I will enjoy the new look and be happy with the kitchen............For now.....

8 comments:

  1. Heide,
    Your collection of vintage canisters, bowls, pitchers, glasses, and cake carrier are gorgeous! Your kitchen is beautiful! Your house is beautiful too! and I know exactly how you feel about dreaming when it comes up to decorating or remodeling a home. You know, whenever my dreaming gets a little out of hand I do what you just mentioned, "leave it alone for the time being" and this works for me too...just as I know it does for you. :)

    xx,
    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jacqueline! I love that I can admire them every day now. It is so easy to get overwhelmed by all the lovely ideas on the internet, thinking our homes aren't pretty enough or perfect enough. But a little Thankfulness cures that!

      Delete
  2. Oh it is cute! So cheery and bright! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly does brighten it up! And now our favorite mixing bowls are so handy!

      Delete
  3. This kitchen is the sweetest scene on this cold morning, here in Wisconsin. Just viewing these sweet scenes remind me of rural Wisconsin summer mornings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what a wonderful thought! Hang in there we are almost done! Lol!

      Delete
  4. Oh Heide...I love your kitchen and wouldn't change a thing! I really like all of your vintage things....like cake saver, which when I was growing up, we had an identical one! And I have the largest yellow Pyrex bowl that goes with your set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh neat! I'll bet the cake carrier brings back memories! I originally had the large yellow bowl too, but I traded with my sister as she had the aqua ones and her favorite color is yellow. I believe the yellow one came in a set of yellow, green, red and blue. The only reason I have a red bowl is that size was missing, it is just a filler until I can find the right color! My favorite or the smallest bowl, the perfect size for scramble eggs in the morning!

      Delete