Friday, December 5, 2014

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas!

Last night we got our tree decorated! One of our favorite Christmas activities is getting out our Shiny Brite ornament collection. We ohh and ahh over all them all over again! 
 I think I say this every year, but this year's tree is beautifully shaped. It almost looks too perfect, like a postcard.
Isn't there something magical about all the twinkling lights? I love how it shimmers off the garland and ornaments. We almost forgot the garland last night and kept thinking something was missing! Ha!
Last year this angel was a new addition to our tree. She is a vintage 1940's Noma angel. (Yes, that is a duck on the tree, a family tradition. It was a present from dear family friends.)
For some reason she seems to fit the little house and this time in life...... the shining hope and light at the end of the tunnel.

A few of ornaments are not Shiny Brites, but older glass made in Poland. Like the one to the right. They are some of my favorites.
I love the tree reflecting in the window!





I love walking around our neighborhood at dusk and admiring all the Christmas decorations. I couldn't resist taking a picture from the porch looking in!


4 comments:

  1. Oh my word! Your Christmas tree is perfect! and your photos are amazing. I am still decorating mine, but once done I will work on a post which will have pictures of my finished Christmas tree.

    xx,
    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqueline! I will keep my eye out for your Christmas pictures.

      Delete
  2. I have two boxes of the Shiny Brite ornaments that belonged to my grandmother. I love decorating the tree with them. Sometimes I am tempted to buy more, so I can load the tree with them, but I don't want them mixed up with the ones I have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOur house and decorating reminds me of when I was young.....love it! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete