Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Book Nook Updates

You know how once one has lived with something you don't really see it anymore? As I am looking at these pictures of the book nook, I feel like there has been quite a few changes since the last post, but I really am not sure what they are! I will try to remember, but you might discover a few yourself.
One of the main changes is finally another shelf! At first you might not notice, but there is a smaller cube shelf next to the bigger one. I also picked up a few baskets at Ikea to tidy up the dvds and cds. I love that our entire book collection, dvds and cds are all in one place! I don't think that has ever happened. We do have a few books in the living room, but those are mostly our knitting and quilting books, up here are the novels.
 Once we  put the new book shelf in and reorganized the books again, it felt much more finished, which inspired me to add a few finishing touches. I rearranged a few unhappy house plants, added some small mementos and hung up this little English cottage scene.
This is one of my favorite pictures, but I have had the hardest time trying to figure out how to frame it. Finally I arrived at this idea; hot gluing the picture onto a fabric covered board (I used fabric sheets with adhesive on the back from the scrap booking section). Originally, I really wanted to hang it in my room, but I just couldn't find the right place. Here I still get to walk past it every morning!
This section is the new shelf. I can't believe how much they hold!
Our grandparents.
The other change I am really excited to share is the new pillow! Isn't it darling? I had such a fun time making it. I really am addicted to hexagons...... To me it says cozy vintage cottage. 
 It is so nice when a project comes out exactly how you dreamed it would!
Do you see my foot stool?! I am so excited to get to work on the cover. It was on the list for this week, but the foam I had purchased for the top was borrowed. Once it is returned, I can get to work with my scraps again as it also is going to be patchwork!

Next up, we will take a tour of my bedroom. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Your pillows are adorable! I love them. I can't wait to see your foot-stool cover

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks beautiful!! I especially love your patchwork pillow. Now I want to make a patchwork pillow! : )

    ReplyDelete