Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Embroidered Aprons

Last week my friend Dru at The Country Farm Home shared two treasures from her collection. Aren't they beautiful? She kindly let me share them with you today. (Thanks Dru!)
Appliqued flowers, no waist seam, bias bound edges, it all says 1930s to me!
 
I love the embroidery on this one! So pretty! Classic early 30s.
 
Pink flowers! What could be more perfect? Wouldn't any gal feel springy in one of these gems!
 
Please visit Dru at The Country Farm Home for more pictures of the aprons and to see her fabulous "Plain and Simple Farmhouse" decorating! 

11 comments:

  1. I love that second one especially! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all are so beautiful. I just finished embroidering a tea cup in a hoop that I am going to embellish with some of my handmade flowers then add some lace and it will either hang in my dining room or craft room. Thanks for sharing these lovely aprons.

    Hugs,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous aprons! Why ever did we stop wearing (and making) things like this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heide! Thanks for the apron feature! I just got in from another week away and found this surprise. Glad you could use them. I have a whole collection of embroidered ones that I want to share with everyone--one day! It involves starching and ironing first. I keep putting it off til another day!
    Hugs!
    Dru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Welcome! I couldn't let your marvelous treasures go un-shared.
      I am eagerly awaiting the rest of your collection. But I do know what you mean about all the work getting them ready. You could share in installments?

      Delete
  5. What a data οf un-аmbiguity and рresеrveness of prеcious
    expeгience about unprediсted feelings.

    my blog post: dating advice for guys in college

    ReplyDelete