Thursday, April 26, 2012

Day 4 of Knitting Blog Week


Day 4: A Knitter or Crocheter For All Seasons?
As spring is in the air in the northern hemisphere and those in the southern hemisphere start setting their sights for the arrival of winter, a lot of crocheters and knitters find that their crafting changes along with their wardrobe. Do you make warm woollens the whole year through in preparation for the colder months, or do you live somewhere that never feels the chill and so invest your time in beautiful homewares and delicate lace items. How does your local seasonal weather affect your craft?

Well, living in the northern climes and always being on the cold side, I can't say that I let the seasons effect my knitting. I love sweaters and wear them all year long, with variation in sleeve length. Of course, there are more things to do outside in the summer, more travel, which equals more knitting time! I do love to knit warm woollies; socks, hats, cowls, mittens. In a way just knitting them makes me cosy, thinking how toasty they are going to be in the winter!
 Snowbird Mittens from Vogue Knitting Fall 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment