Friday, March 23, 2012

Favorite Sugar Cookies

Thanks to my dear cousins(they gifted the cookie cutters), I have some cute sugar cookies to share with you all! This is our all time favorite sugar cookie recipe and they are even better the second day!
My sister, who is the expert, made the chocolate and vanilla butter cream frosting. So yummy!
Mustaches! Aren't they cute? My Dad has grown one for as long as I can remember, these look remarkably like his!
 Even though it was St. Patty's Day, I wanted Spring! So I settled for a few shamrocks on the flowers.

Favorite Sugar Cookie Recipe
1 cup butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond or lemon extract
2 cups flour
Cream butter, sugar and egg. Add extracts. Mix in flour 1 c. at a time. Roll out on floured surface 1/4" thick. Cut out cookies and bake at 350 until dry looking and bottoms are lightly brown. Don't over bake.

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you told us those were moustaches. (sp??) I thought they were snakes! YIKES. I'll have to try the recipe. I'll try it with my GF flour mix and see what happens. Who doesn't love sugar cookies?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!! I love these cookies! They are to cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get the cutter for the moustache cookies??/ would love to have one. I have never seen my husband without a moustache or beard... and we have been together almost 33 years.. these would be a great surprise to make for him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My cousin gave them to me. She bought them at Michael's in the wedding section.
      I hope you can find them. Enjoy!

      Delete