Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies are a great way to celebrate fall! Over the weekend I made these and wasn't quite fast enough to get a photo! Sorry!
 Though they are not a sweet cookie, the chocolate chips perk it up and a secret ingredient adds a third dimension. What?? you ask, secret ingredient? Yes! Orange Peel! It is such a great combination. At first I thought it sounded like too much bother to grate orange peel for cookies, but they tasted like they were missing something. So I found a tangerine to use. Then I wished I had put it in all the cookies! Enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
2 cups sugar
2 cups canned pumpkin
1 cup shortening
2 tablespoons grated orange peel
4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375.  Mix sugar, pumpkin, orange peel and shortening together. Combine all dry ingredients, stir into pumpkin mixture. Add chocolate chips. The dough will still be sticky. Drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet. Flour fingers lightly and smooth dough into balls. (You can just leave them, but they will look very craggy. These cookies don't do anything in the oven, just bake!) Bake 8-10 mins. Until nicely brown on outside.

3 comments:

  1. I suppose it can't be dried orange peel, like that I put in my soap! lol Boy do these sound delicious!! You need to send an extra one with Becky - for me. :-) Oh, that's okay. I've gotta make these anyway. Chocolate chips and pumpkin? Great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heide, I have a knitting question. I'm in Texas and I'm working on Lillie's Little Sweater. I'm at the point where I've put the two sleeve uppers on stitch holders and now I've done a few rows of the lower body. BUT, here's the problem. I set my knitting down in the middle of a row and now that I've picked it up, I don't know if I should knit the rest of the row or purl the rest of the row. I know that if I had been purling, I should continue to purl, but I can't tell which I'm supposed to do. SO, I guess I should ask: Should my yarn be coming off the left needle or the right needle?? Does this make any sense to you? (I'm working on circular needles, and I think that's how I lost track. Thanks if you can give me any advice. I'd really like to finish this on the way home! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heide. Problem solved. I went to a Hobby Lobby here and found a woman in the yarn section and asked her if she was a knitter. She said, 'Yes, in fact, I teach knitting!' YEA. So she helped me with my dilemma.

    Thanks. I am SO relieved, cuz I want to knit on the way home. Have a wonderful weekend. Are Ian and Becky moving this weekend? Are you helping?

    ReplyDelete