Wednesday, August 3, 2011

By The Light of The Silvery Moon

Doris Day is one of my sisters and I favorite actresses and singer. We love 50s musicals and Doris Day was the epitome of musicals in the 50s. She was the pretty, happy go lucky girl next door. And to quote another favorite movie, she played in movies where "boy meets girls, they have problems that aren't too weird, fall in love and live happily ever after". That is from That Darn Cat with Hayley Mills. It is so hard to pick which our favorite, but By the Light of the Silvery Moon is defiantly up there in the top ten.
Here is a scene with cute aprons! Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I love Doris Day movies too! But I haven't seen this one, I'm going to order it today. And I love aprons. Just yesterday I got out the apron my grandmother made for me when I was a little girl. I don't use it, just get it out from time to time to admire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting Jean! By the Light of the Silvery Moon is actually the second in a set. The first is On Moonlight Bay. It won't spoil it to watch them backwards but you might want to put that on your list too! Both movies are very fun! Filled with all the old character actors.
    That is how my love of aprons got started too. Finding an old one from my great grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting a Doris moment for the day!! I still haven't convinced the husband to watch them, but I am working on it...

    ReplyDelete