Thursday, July 7, 2011

Patriotic 40s!

I should of posted this last week! But I didn't find it until last weekend when I was visiting my sister. So I decided to post it anyway. It is too cute to wait until the next patriotic holiday!

 "So when that boy sits down at your table...greet him with what he has been longing for- real, old time cakes and cookies." This little booklet was published in 1945 by the Swansdown Cake Flour Co.

The recipe in case your mouth is watering, Like mine is!

And to go with our 40s theme, two new patterns I picked up. What you need to wear when you serve your boy that real old time baking! Couldn't resist them, the details are too too cute! Of course, being shirtdresses was another reason I couldn't resist.

And to round it all off, Kate Smith singing "God Bless America"

Wish I would of had this inspiration last week. Oh well, we can use a little patriotism any day!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun post! Love those dress patterns! I get a kick out of those ads for cakes, as though the greatest goal in life for a women is to get a smile of approval from her man when he takes that first bite of cake! lol You're too young to remember the TV ad song, 'Nothin' says lovin' like something from the oven, and Pillsbury says it best!' :-) (I'll sing it for you when I see you next...lucky you.)

    ReplyDelete