Friday, June 24, 2011

Jane Austen's Emma

Isn't this a charming painting?
Girl Embroidering by Georg Friedrich Kersting cira 1814. from www.pemberley.com
I love the open window and her reflection in the mirror. Of course I also love that she is wearing an apron!

Doesn't it remind you of Jane Austen? Lately I have been stuck on the new Emma movie. The 2009 version. It is so so good.  I just recently watched it again with my sister and cousin, giggling the whole way through!  It was about time someone made a really good version of Emma. The one with Gwyneth Paltrow was good, but too short. I love how this version brings to life Emma's family. Other versions don't feature them very much, but then the book doesn't say much about them either. If I recall correctly.

I hope everyone has seen it, too good to miss!

P.S. Becky dear, don't worry I am bring it up this weekend, so you will get a chance to see it!
And thanks K-Dee for the inspiration!

1 comment:

  1. That painting really does remind me of Emma! And I love paintings that show the light of the window shining in on the subject. (I probably would not have noticed the apron, Heide!)I've seen this movie version, but preferred the Gwyneth Paltrow one. Still, after watching that clip, which is VERY good, I think I'm going to have to watch it again. :-)

    ReplyDelete