Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Apron Collection

My goodness, time flies! I had totally forgotten I hadn't shared my newest creations. Life has been a bit of a whirl lately. I think I made these aprons back in.........April?!
 This one is from a sewing pamphlet from the 1920s. I love the gathers on the side and the scallops, aren't they cute? So 20s.
 These two are the same, from a 1950s pattern I have. Love the pointed skirt.

 1940s, of course! With yards and yards of rick-rack. This apron took a little more brain power. Trying to sew the ruffles to the shoulder strap with a layer of rick-rack in the middle was a wee bit tricky.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Heide,
    WOW what lovely aprons. My favorite is the last one. H back, shoulder ruffles and rick-rack, what more could we want. You did a great job. Whoever has that apron now is a lucky lady.
    Blessings,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete